Friday, November 23, 2007

Nasi Kandar/Briyani, Fan si

Today Shalini and I went to lunch at one of the stall selling Nasi Kandar. As we never tried Nasi Kandar before, so we decided to have our lunch there. Well, we guessed Nasi Kandar was originated from the Malays plus Indians. So these were what we had eaten... Actually, the taste was quite OK. But the price costs us "a leg and a hand" (sorry if i didn't get the word correctly). I feel so sorry for Shalini as she paid for the lunch. Next time I shall only take plain rice... :D Thank you Shalini!!!

My rice

Shalini's rice
The "sotong" (cuttlefish) that I've ordered
Which one is soya bean and barli?

This is my grandma's cook - fan si (better than mihun but cheaper to shark fin) with cucumber, carrot etc. I like to eat this because it includes dried prawns inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this cost 'a hand and a leg'!? So it's something like a bomb? Hahaha...Anyway, the cuttlefish dish looked really delicious...ooo...I just love seafood with the exception of fish unless it's really fresh. By the time you become secure financially, ka-min s, you can afford better meals than this from time to time but be careful, don't overeat 'cos it's not good for your health.