Friday, October 26, 2007

The 2nd Korean Speech Contest in Malaysia


I woke up at 6.50 am this morning. I couldn’t sleep well. I dressed up in my best position, applying a minor makeup on my cheek.
-
My mother, my college friend and I went together to the Korean Embassy. We registered and took some brochure about Korea. I entered into the hall, with a light feeling, knowing that my participation was purely participation. I seated at the chair stated No 30 and I hade made to know some participants throughout the process.
-
It was a break before Advance Level’s participant began their speech. It was a “long” break. I was very nervous. Participants before me were all great and fluent. I know my standard. I hope to do my best without thinking of the nervous.
-
I stepped up when the Miss MC called my name. Let’s start. Calm.
-
My title is , My Favourite Actor, Kim Jeong Hoon.
-
*******
My turn is over. Fuh… finally. The strange thing was the participant beside me congratulated me. I performed very well? Really? Happy to hear that... Thanks….
-
It was the turn to announce the winner. It was categorized into 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Speaker of Beginner, Intermediate and Advance Level. My name was not mentioned. Never mind. As I mentioned before, I was just concerned about participating. When I began to pack my things, suddenly:
-
“We will now announce the Best Speaker of Today. The Best Speaker will receive a medal, a certificate, a package tour to Korea for 6 days and The winner is….. Contestant No 30, Pan Ka Min !!!”
-
Ahhh!!!! It’s I!!! I WON!!! I WON!!!! YES !!!!
-
It was totally beyond my expectation!!!
-
I stood up, approaching my mother and I went to the front hall, receiving the “ticket” and everyone took my picture. I was suddenly became the “star of the day”. The Embassy team interviewed me and there were so many congratulation words towards me by everyone. It was a very good… feeling. I was very pleased to receive the honour. Thank you to the judges for choosing me as the best speaker, thanks to the support from my mother, my brother, my godmother and everyone who have been supporting me all these while. And thanks for the hero of my script, Jeong Hoon ssi…
-
Thank you so much.
-
*****************************************************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder your mom was angry with me, ka-min s. You actually posted this on your blog and your picture is on your blog as well....hmmm...
maybe your mom isn't that wrong with regards to her point of view.

K.M.-가민-家敏~ said...

No, sis. My m was not angry with you. She was angry with me. I was the initiator from the beginning. I didn’t show my m about this blog, I just showed her the one in jhchina. As about the pics, no one can recognize me… don’t worry.